Saturday, February 17, 2007

Boots.

The boot story ain't over! After walking to the bus stop yesterday in my new boots, I quickly realized that the awesome hardcore rubberness does SHIT for warmth. I was wearing really thick wool socks. but that doesn't cut ice. So during a break yesterday I went back down to Harvard Square and got another pair of boots. These ones were warm AND didn't slip on the ice. I finally own the best of both worlds. They are incredibly clunky and I think I look like a weird bird-creature wearing them, but who cares! Later on today I'm going to return the enormous rubber ones.

Yesterday I also attempted to get ice off of my car. I don't know if it's going to happen. I used a shovel thing, but then I pictured the shovel bashing my window in, so I stopped. I walked up the street to buy salt at the local convenience store, but they were all out. Apparently they will have more today, so hopefully I can dig my poor tires out of the ice before I teach at 10. If I can't get my car out, I'll have to reschedule....

Last night I was very inspired to make more weird stuff out of polymer clay. I made a little winter scene with ladybugs traveling home, a little turnip, a little corn, a little broccoli, a little shovel with a face and a heart, a 4-leaf clover, and a "buff egg man" (a little egg with muscles and weights). Pics will be posted soon.

Alright kids, wish me luck today. It's supposed to be in the mid 30's so hopefully some of these silly ice will melt.

1 comment:

cellodonna said...

Just found your interesting cello blog thanks to Guanaco's "Cellomania" at http://radatilly.blogspot.com/

Looking forward to reading more.

BTW, I love clunky boots! My son bought me a pair of fleece lined Emu's about 10 years ago, and I still wear them. They provided great warmth and traction the other night when I had to carry my cello across a snowy area to get to orchestra rehearsal.